*MEMBERSHIPS* make great gifts!
Go to the Membership tab to renew your membership or become a new member!


 
The Grocery Store was originally operated by Levi Valentine. It was then run by George Pickering followed by the last operator of the store, Herman Gibke.
 
The Community Room was where many meetings took place. Large social and church groups held meetings here. All of the other stores opened up to this room.
 
The Cobbler's Shop was operated by Seth Cole until 1905. He repaired and sold shoes here. Seth Cole was also a barber and member of a 54-piece Valentown Band.
 
This room branched off the Community Room. It was operated by Aaron Longyear until 1910. He made and repaired leather goods here and also sold farm accessories.
 
Many different instruments were held and used in the School of Music. The 54-piece Valentown Band practiced here. They wrote their musical scales on the walls which have been preserved at Valentown.
Click on the NEWS tab for recent news, newsletters & VHS Policies
ALL INQUIRIES ABOUT VHS
& VALENTOWN EMAIL US
info@valentown.org
OR CLICK ON THE
CONTACTS TAB & SEND US A MESSAGE
Site Mailing List 
Victor Historical Society, a 501c(3) organization, is Chartered by the NYS Board of Regents

Historic Valentown
PO Box 472 - Victor, NY 14564
Phone: (585) 924-4170  <>  email:  info@valentown.org

Opening for the season Sunday, June 4

Open every Sunday, June - September <> 1p-4p

 tours are also available by appointment

Admission: $6 adults - $4 seniors (60+) & students - children under 6 free - members free

Valentown Hall, Town Homestead & the 14 acres of Valentown are listed on the National Register of Historic Places